Tuesday, December 19, 2006

US Airlines and my experiences

Since I'm travelling a lot to México, I'd like to give you some recommendations on my experiences in US airlines. There are of course direct connections between Europe and México, but for European travellers who can apply under the "Visa Waiver programm", the cheapest way is with a connection flight in the US or maybe Toronto/Canada. A few days ago, the low-cost carrier "Air Madrid" went in bankruptcy. So, bye bye Madrid. No more alternative! Lufthansa, Iberia, British Airways, KLM, Alitalia or Air France are too heavy in their price, so what do I do? I take a stop in my beloved United States. What I like to inform the open-ear-audience are the different treatments and services, you might receive. Have a look:

Atlantic Southeast Airlines is flying under Delta Alliance and sought to be an alternative to get to Western Mexico (Guadalajara) last time. Following a Delta flight to Atlanta, I wasted three additional hours on Atlanta International Airport because of weather? traffic? who knows.... to get to the conclusion, that I have already waited 6 hours, plus 3 more, THAT'S ENOUGH! A good friend from Belgium a few days later made the horrific experience to wait 5 additional hours for check-in. By the way, the plane was so small, I had to walk the corridor like a monkey to get to my seat. Mexican cities served are La Paz, Loreto, Los Cabos, Torreón, Manzanillo, León, Guadalajara, Monterrey, Cozumel, Culiacán, Mazatlán, Hermosillo, Mérida and Zacatecas.

ATA (American Trans Air) Airlines is a low-cost carrier with almost unbeaten prices. An example: From New York to Dallas for less than 100 bucks. That's $$$ for my eyes. In the plane there was limited service and a chaos after a stop-over, because seat numbers were given twice or triple, but after some confusion, I said to myself: Doesn't matter! The price rules! Mexican cities served are Cancún and Guadalajara.

United Airlines is one of the biggest airlines on this planet. Myself I can add, they are good, offering a nice service and the staff is friendly. Mexican cities served are Los Cabos, México City, Cancún, Cozumel, Ixtapa and Puerto Vallarta, all of them principal US-American vacation destinies.

American Airlines had big money losses after the attacks in September 2001, but in my opinion, this airlines is quite good in its service. Mexican cities served are Los Cabos, México City, León, Acapulco, Ixtapa, Guadalajara, Puerto Vallarta, Monterrey, Cancún and Cozumel.

Delta Air Lines service is fairly. I have used Delta on several occassions and I do not get convinced! :-( Mexican cities served are Los Cabos, México City, Acapulco, Ixtapa, Guadalajara, Puerto Vallarta, Cancún and Cozumel. Nothing new!


Note: Continental Airlines, US Airways and others are not listed because of lack of experience.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?